Note: Service ending Nov. 9. Please call LA County’s phone number at (213)738-2600 to confirm.
Critical Delivery Service: Temporary delivery program for older and dependent adults
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the California Safer at Home Initiative, our aging population has an increased need for timely delivery services. Los Angeles County Department Of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS) has launched a temporary delivery program called Critical Delivery Services (CDS) to deliver food and other vital items to individuals who are unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19.
Who qualifies for delivery services?
Delivery services are reserved for those who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Aged 60 years and older
- Individual with a permanent or temporary disability
- Dependent Adults (aged 18-59 years)
Once items are ready for pick-up, call 888-863-7411. Deliveries can be made:
24 hours a day
7 days a week
What can be delivered?
Per month, individuals can receive up to:
Four (4) deliveries or
40 miles worth of deliveries
How can deliveries be scheduled?
- Call 888-863-7411 to request delivery service
- Order items for delivery via online/phone and provide payment for items to the pick-up location
- Critical Delivery Service Coordinator will schedule a taxi to deliver your items to you
Critical Deliver Service Coordinator will you to confirm the delivery has been scheduled.
- To schedule deliveries, call hotline M-F, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Same day deliveries are available only during schedule hours.