Disability Community Resource Center (DCRC) is recruiting to fill vacancies on the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors governs the overall execution of the organization’s mission. Principally, the Board provides oversight of the organizational finances and sets long term priorities for programs and services. Additionally, the Board oversees the Executive Director, who is responsible for day-to-day management of DCRC. Overall, the members of the Board contribute the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability and ensure year-to-year program and service excellence for DCRC. The Board of Directors has a minimum of 12 voting members. Terms are for three years.
Board Member responsibilities include attendance at general Board meetings, participation on at least one Board committee and participation in teleconference meetings and active electronic conversations as needed. Board members also hold a fiduciary responsibility for management of organizational capital and ensuring appropriate filings with federal, state, and local authorities consistent with DCRC’s status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. DCRC’s attendance policy allows for removal if three meetings are missed without reasonable cause.
Resources available to prospective members:
- The organization’s most recent independent audit is available at:
Single Audit Financial Statements FYE-6-30-16
- Current members, of the Board of Directors are listed here:
DCRC Board of Directors
Current Board Member Recruitment Effort
Right now the DCRC Board of Directors is looking for community members with one or more of the following characteristics and/or experience:
- Expertise in finance, investments, real estate, and/or technology.
- Connections to corporations, the entertainment industry, media and/or religious organizations.
- Professionals in their 20’s and 30’s.
- People with disabilities, people of color, women and/or transgendered.
- Residents of the Harbor area (ex. Wilmington, San Pedro), South Los Angeles area (ex. Inglewood, Hawthorne), and/or South Bay area (ex. Torrance, Manhattan Beach).
For more information, please contact Anastasia Bacigalupo at (310) 390-3611.